Move a folder to Shared Drive with Folgo
Folgo's Move to Shared Drive functionality makes it possible for any regular user that does not have administrator privileges to transfer entire folders and files from My Drive to Shared Drive (learn more about the Move to Shared Drive prerequisites).
Location of Folgo in the Google Drive interface:
How to use our Move to Shared Drive feature:
1. Access the “Move to Shared Drive” interface like shown on the GIF opposite
3. Select a destination Shared Drive:
4. Choose your preferred action in the event that a file cannot be transferred (learn more):
5. Leave the box checked if you want to pause before moving so you can review the list of file owners in the report sent by Folgo.
Depending on the choice you made at step 4, a shortcut, a copy or a move request will be made.
6. Click the MOVE TO SHARED DRIVE button to start the transfer process.
Here’s a screencast that sums up the whole procedure:
⚠️ Keep in mind that moving a folder to a Shared Drive has consequences:
permissions might change (depending on your permission model and on your Shared Drive settings)
original links to folders are not kept